Why Study in Canada?
Reasons to Join Canadian Institutes
A huge number of collective courses with practical approaches makes Canada a good destination to study abroad. The foremost goal of the Canadian Education System is to make students successful in every aspect of life. International Students holding a Canadian degree can work across the globe in highly reputable sectors. Many diplomae and degree programs are available for students from different countries in Canadian academic institutes.
International students can continue their Education in Canada’s top Universities because of the reasonable fee structure as compared to other nations. Canadian degrees are well reputed. Students can also work while studying to get benefits from certain Internship opportunities. Moreover, there is a huge number of benefits of studying in Canada.
1. Multicultural Society:
Canada provides a multicultural environment to International students. Students from different parts of the world are studying in Canadian Institutes so it is the main attraction of Canadian Institutes. Toronto and Ontario are declared the best International cities by Fortune Magazine.
2. Canadian Lifestyle:
Canada is the best residential area in the world according to the UN survey. Canada is ranked number One for the past 9 consecutive years. Canada gets a high score because of its high-quality Education System, less crime rate, less violence, reasonable living costs, etc.
3. Work Opportunities:
Students can work part-time in Canada during their academic courses by which they can be able to pay their daily expenses. The maximum duration of part-time work is 20 hours/Week. Where students who have opted co-op program can work full time.
4. Living Standard:
International students usually get fascinated by the living style of Canadians because they have one of the highest living standards. Major cities of Canada have a variety of shopping centers, art centers, restaurants, Colleges, Universities, etc. Moreover, post-secondary campuses in Canada are wired with the latest in sophisticated technology.
5. Reasonable Expenses:
The inflation rate of Canada is very low as compared to industrial countries, in the past three years. Tuition fees for foreign students in Canada are much lower than their counterparts in competing countries. Moreover, the educational quality of Canadian Institutes is excellent at very affordable fees. So, admissions to Canadian Institutes are more competitive for Students from different nations.
How to Apply for Canadian Study Visa
Canada Study Visa Process
Students must have a Canadian Study Permit to Study in Canada. The application can be applied Online or through a paper application. This paper application can be obtained from the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website. But it is recommendable to check the processing time in advance as Paper Applications typically take about twice as long.
Here is the process for obtaining a Canadian Student Visa:
1. Check the processing time: The procedure of visa application usually takes 3-4 weeks. So, students must go through the Canadian consulate website to know the approximate time required for the process of a student visa. Always remember, the time shown on the website is just an estimate, not a guarantee.
2. Determine your way to apply: There are two ways to apply for Student Visa.
Online: Students must have access to a scanner or camera to generate a copy of their documents for uploading and a valid credit card for fee payment for applying for a Visa online.
In-person: Download the application form after reading the instructions carefully. Complete your application form with the help of these instructions.
3. Fill out a consent form to get the full assistance Visa Filing Process. You can get the help of consultants for this process.
4. Pay Processing Fee: Visa fees in addition to embassy charges must be paid to complete the application process. This processing fee is non-refundable. Moreover, if your spouse/common-law partner/children are accompanying you on your temporary visa, then appropriate processing fees must be paid for them.
5. Submit your application: After processing the fee, submission of the application form is a must. The student will receive a receipt containing the unique tracking number.
6. After successful approval of your visa application, candidates will receive a notification requesting a passport by the Canadian Government. Students should not worry about their visa process, Pyramid provides proper guidance about the application process.
Work While Study in Canada
Earn while Studying
International Students have the opportunity of working in Canada during their studies. By this, they can earn enough to pay their daily expenses. Permission of working hours is different according to the type of course. Usually, students can work up to 20 hours per week during the course and can work full time during the vacations. There is an ample number of Colleges and Universities which offer Co-op/internship programs to students. Canada offers many work permit programs to International Students, their spouses, or common-law partners.
1. Working off-campus: Students have permission to work while studying for 20 hours a week during academic sessions. They are allowed to work full time in their scheduled breaks.
2. Co-op/ internships: These programs are available for such International students, for whom intended employment is an essential part of their study program, as certified by their Canadian academic institution.
3. On-campus work opportunities: Students having valid study permits are eligible to work on-campus at Canadian institutions.
SDS COLLEGES CANADA
|SDS Institution||Province||DLI No|
|Bow Valley College||Alberta||O19273769422|
|Medicine Hat College||Alberta||O18795445892|
|Northern Alberta Institute of Technology||Alberta||O18713200642|
|Camosun College British||Columbia||O19361235542|
|College of New Caledonia||British Columbia||O19360977332|
|College of the Rockies||British Columbia||O19377233362|
|Columbia College||British Columbia||O19279591302|
|Douglas College||British Columbia||O19360973702|
|Kwantlen Polytechnic University||British Columbia||O19350676872|
|Langara College||British Columbia||O19319074622|
|LaSalle College||British Columbia||O19283933672|
|North Island College||British Columbia||O19301182602|
|Northern Lights||British Columbia||O19395299444|
|Okanagan College||British Columbia||O19395299488|
|Selkirk College||British Columbia||O19360990072|
|University of The Fraser Valley||British Columbia||O19395299642|
|Vancouver Community College||British Columbia||O19279717512|
|Vancouver Island University||British Columbia||O19395299688|
|Assiniboine Community College||Manitoba||O19201282282|
|Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology(formerly WTC)||Manitoba||O19391828428|
|Red River College of Applied Arts, Science & Technology||Manitoba||O19305836302|
|Cambrian College of Applied Arts & Technology||Ontario||O19394699409|
|Centennial College of Applied Arts & Technology||Ontario||O19394700003|
|Confederation College of Applied Arts & Technology||Ontario||O19376986752|
|Fanshawe College of Applied Arts & Technology||Ontario||O19361039982|
|George Brown College||Ontario||O19283850612|
|Georgian College of Arts & Technology||Ontario||O19395677361|
|Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning||Ontario||O19376943122|
|Lambton College of Applied Arts & Technology||Ontario||O19305293332|
|Loyalist College of Applied Arts & Technology||Ontario||O19359011572|
|Mohawk College of Applied Arts & Technology||Ontario||O19376045902|
|Seneca College of Applied Arts & Technology||Ontario||O19395536013|
|Sheridan College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning||Ontario||O19385946782|
|St Clair College of Applied Arts & Technology||Ontario||O19395083703|
|St Lawrence College||Ontario||O19332845222|
|Saskatchewan Polytechnic (formerly SIAST)||Saskatchewan||O19425521849|
NON-SDS COLLEGE & UNIVERSITY LIST
|NON SDS Institution||Province|
|NEW YORK INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NYIT)||Vancouver, Canada|
|THOMSON RIVER UNIVERSITY||BC Canada|
|CAPE BRETON UNIVERSITY||Sydney, Nova Scotia|
|UNIVERSITY OF MANITOBA||Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.|
|FAIRLEIGH DICKINSON UNIVERSITY||Vancouver, British Columbia|
|UNIVERSITY OF KINGS COLLEGE||Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada|
|MOUNT SAINT VINCENT UNIVERSITY||Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada|
|LASALLE COLLEGE INTERNATIONAL||Montreal (Quebec) Canada|
|NOVA SCOTIA AGRICULTURAL COLLEGE||Truro, Nova Scotia, Canada|
|TRINITY WESTERN UNIVERSITY||Glover Road Langley, British Columbia, Canada|
|DALHOUSIE UNIVERSITY||Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada|
|ROYAL ROADS UNIVERSITY||Wolfville, Nova Scotia, Canada|